What is it that makes a winter menu? To us, not only is it a celebration of this time of year, it's the perfect time to put a "cozy" spin on some of the drinks we always have on the menu, as well as having fun coming up with completely new drinks! In this post, I'll be highlighting a few drinks from our menu that you can make at home, and feel free to add your own twist!
Crafting your own cozy drinks, Utica Coffee style.
Toffee nut is a favorite for us here. It adds a savory complexity to the drinks you add it to, hot or iced. By adding it to our cocoa, it really brings out the Christmas vibes in you!
- Bring your milk up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit via Cheff Mic (microwave) or by steamer
- Add the desired amount of Toffee nut syrup to your cup
- Add milk, then whisk in the desired amout of Chocolate Cappuccine powder
- Optional - top with whipped cream and cinnamon/nutmeg
A riff on an old classic, this frappe is choc full of Holiday goodness. We had to throw an iced drink in here! Believe it or not, there are people that drink iced drinks year round. Hard to believe, but let me assure you. They walk amoung us.
Feel free to have fun with this one! You can change up the vanilla powder to chocolate, garnish with a whole peppermint stick, or you could make your own mocha/white mocha whipped cream. Get crazy with it!
- Fill desired cup with ice
- Fill cup 3/4 of the way with your milk of coice
- Toss it all in a blender
- Add crushed peppermint, peppermint syrup, and vanilla powder.
- (optional) add your espresso
- Blend until all ice is blended and the mixture is combined
- Line the inside of your cup with white chocolate sauce
- Top with whipped cream and white chocolate sauce, and add crushed peppermint as a garnish
This one isn't actually on our winter menu, but we thought it was too good not to share. If you are unaware, an Au Lait is a cup of drip coffee topped with equal parts steamed milk. And just like a latte, it allows you room to create a drink of your own!
By using our limited edition Holiday Blend paired with the brown sugar simple syrup, this won't be a drink you only make once this season. You can find a recipe on how to make your own brown sugar simple syrup here.
For our non-dairy folk (and dairy peeps too!) we recommend oat milk for this drink, due to its thick and creamy nature.
- Brew some of our Holiday Blend, in your own preferred method
- Steam your milk of choice to 140-160 degrees
- Add the brown sugar simple syrup to your cup, then pour in your coffee and stir
- Top with milk and garnish with cinnamon sugar/ground cinnamon/nutmeg/whatever you like!
If you find yourself missing any Cappuccine powders for these recipes, don't worry! We carry these on our website.
Be sure to have fun with these drinks! You can follow them to the letter, or feel free to spice it up!