French Press Tutorial
Directions:1. Prepare Your French Press
- Preheat the French press by rinsing it with hot water and discarding the water.
- At this time you should also begin to heat the water in your kettle.
2. Weigh And Grind Coffee
- Weigh out 43 grams of your coffee.
- If you are grinding coffee at home, your grounds should look to be about the size of course sea salt.
- Place the French press on the scale. Add your coffee grounds and tare so that the scale reads zero.
- At this point remove your kettle from the heat source. Wait for it to cool slightly if you are using a traditional kettle. The temperature of the water should be between 195-205 degrees.
- Pour water into your French press until it reads 600 grams. Make sure as you are pouring all the grounds within the French press are being saturated.
- Cover your French press and set the timer for four minutes.
- When the four minutes are up, slowly press down on the plunger on top of your French press to push the grounds down to the bottom.
4. Pour And Enjoy!
- Grab your favorite UCR mug and pour your fresh french press coffee, making sure to hold down the top.
- Enjoy the bold and flavorful cup that you've prepared!
Why We Love The French Press:
-It is a quick and simple way to make a bold cup of coffee at home with little to no waste.
Coffees to try in your French Press: